Evercade Firmware – v2.0.2 available now on VS and Handheld!
We’ve been very busy behind the scenes at Evercade HQ working on 2022. We’ve also been hard at work addressing the bugs and issues that have been reported to us from earlier updates, as well as adding some things you’ve said to make navigating and playing your Evercade console even more intuitive and easy.
Two very big features that we know you’ve been asking for are a “reset” option for the in-game menu that will allow you to quickly reset your game, and for Evercade VS we’ve added a “nearest neighbour” filter on our pixel perfect display mode, which will address some reported issues with image quality.
You can see all the details in the changelog below. One key thing to note is that to address the compatibility issue of save states on Indie Heroes Collection 1 with games originally made for handheld devices (Anguna, Chain Break, Quest Arrest, etc.) we can now update all the save states to be compatible with 2.0.X firmware on both devices. However, this means the save states will no longer be compatible with any Evercade Handheld operating Firmware version 1.3.1 or below. So make sure all your devices are up to date to avoid issues.
There are still other bugs and issues we are investigating, so please be patient if we haven’t managed to fix an issue you’ve reported yet. We’re getting to them as fast as we can.
We are still working on further updater options with the Linux tool still currently under development, and there will be more Evercade VS updates due in the coming months!
To Update your Evercade VS, simply navigate to the settings menu and select “check for update”.
To update your Evercade Handheld, visit our new Evercade Handheld Updater page.
There is also an FAQ on both pages so if you have any queries or issues, most of them will be answered there.
If you need further support then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will find a full list of the updates in the below changelog.
Changelog – Firmware version 2.0.2 – 09/02/2022
All Evercade Consoles
- Fixed various typos in descriptions, controller mapping, themes, and player numbers.
- Improved consistency of wording on the mapping screen
- Improved in-game menu sub window scrolling and clipping
- Menu navigation menus now loop vertically (Up + Down)
- Holding directions now scroll in the main menu and in-game menu
- Reduced line spacing height on in-game control mappings for 720p/1080p displays
- Added restart game button to the in-game menu
- Pressing left on a subwindow whilst in the in-game menu will now snap back to the main in-game menu
- Fixed Indie Heroes 1 GB/GBC/GBA saves not displaying on FW v2.X.X Handheld or VS (See notes)
- Added notification system to alert/warn users of potential save state incompatibility on game updates before an update is applied.
- Added Nearest Neighbour filtering when using Pixel Perfect mode
- Improved/expanded compatibility with third-party controllers
- Improved analog control mapping for Evercade D-Pad
- D-pad cursor alignment adjusted on game details
- Added more characters to the wifi input
- Fixed overlapping text in-game for Dark Chambers (2600)
- Fixed frame rate issues with certain games running with certain shaders
- Fixed issue where custom control mapping wouldn’t apply until restart
- Added Pressing MENU on main menu will move focus to main nav bar
- Increased scrolling speed in main menu
- Fixed mixed translations for main menu game options
- Updated Legal & Credits
- Added missing bonus game mapping information
- Fixed a bug with a certain secret…
- Fixed in-game prompt clipping for German language users
- Improved positioning for in-game prompts
- Updated in-game scanline preview for main menu shader option
- Added battery indicator to in-game menu (handheld & 720p mode)
- Fixed controls bug for Worms Armageddon
- Fixed green light during console use
- Improved performance on all emulation
There have been patches to various games with reported bugs and issues. Where stated, an update may only be available via the Evercade VS due to its size. But once the cart is inserted, the patch will update the cartridge and will be functional across all systems. If an update could affect the compatibility of existing save states, a warning prompt will be displayed.
- Patched Quest Arrest
- Patched Mania Challenge
- Patched Yazzie
- Patched Devwill Too
- Patched Thunder Hoop (Update can only be applied via Evercade VS)
For any users still using 1.x.x Evercade handheld Firmware, savestates for portable indie/homebrew games on Indie Heroes Collection 1 will now be transferred to a new format when the game is loaded on a 2.x.x handheld or VS. This means you must update your handheld to 2.x.x if you want to continue using those save states with your handheld. This only affects certain titles and only on Indie Heroes Collection 1. Please note Handheld 2.x.x savestates for these titles are fully compatible between the VS without issue.
If your updated VS console presents you with a red coloured VS logo, please power the console off and restart it manually. This will fix this issue.
With over 260 games available